Fierce Advocacy for Bankruptcy Matters in California
Experienced Oakland attorney representing consumers and creditors
Issues regarding debt and bankruptcy should only be handled by a competent and knowledgeable attorney. At the Law Offices of Marta M. Guzman in Oakland, I have extensive experience working on both sides of the table in bankruptcy proceedings, which gives my clients a distinct advantage. Since 2002, my firm has fought aggressively to assist California residents and businesses with Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 proceedings. As a seasoned trial attorney, I represent both consumers and creditors in tough bankruptcy litigation to resolve debt and help clients move on with confidence.
Established bankruptcy lawyer delivers trusted counsel
Having handled many bankruptcy cases throughout my career, I understand exactly what you are up against. Whether you are a consumer or a creditor, I rely on my decades of experience to protect your rights. Throughout the greater Oakland area, clients choose my firm because I am:
- Highly responsive — I recognize that depending on the circumstances of your case, you may face harassing phone calls, letters, and even foreclosure. When you request my services, I immediately assess your case and determine your best path forward for handling debt.
- Resourceful — For both consumers and creditors, I think outside the box and devise unique solutions to help my clients resolve their problems as efficiently as possible.
- Established — For more than 20 years I have fought for bankruptcy clients in California. Both clients and peers alike have come to respect me for my skill and dedication to their best interests.
Bankruptcy is stressful for all parties involved. I offer a free initial consultation so you can understand the bankruptcy process as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the various chapters.
Comprehensive bankruptcy counsel for individuals and businesses in California
I offer strong legal support to Oakland clients in the following practice areas:
- Bankruptcy — If you are overwhelmed by debt, bankruptcy may be your best option. After carefully assessing your financial affairs, I can recommend bankruptcy alternatives or identify the bankruptcy chapter most appropriate for helping you live debt-free.
- Chapter 7 — Depending on your income and other financial circumstances, I may be able to help you find relief by discharging debt through Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Business bankruptcy — I represent businesses in Chapter 11 bankruptcy so that they can remain operational while meeting their debt.
- Chapter 13 — Individuals who have a consistent income and would like to pay their debt back over a three- to five-year period benefit most from filing for Chapter 13. I can assist you in drafting a sound repayment plan to pay creditors back.
- Creditors’ rights — While the law generally favors consumers in bankruptcy cases, creditors also have rights. As an experienced lawyer, I have a deep understanding of what those rights are and how best to protect them.
Without skilled and tenacious legal help, finding relief from overwhelming debt can be tricky. I will guide you throughout the bankruptcy process and fight aggressively for your rights.
Contact a highly regarded bankruptcy lawyer in Oakland today
The Law Offices of Marta M. Guzman in Oakland represents individuals and businesses in Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. In addition, I protect creditors’ rights in bankruptcy litigation cases. Please call 510-410-5440 or contact my firm online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Oakland office.